CoorsTek Armor Solutions builds from over 100 years of manufacturing experience. We’ve built the systems and staff to ensure each project meets the schedule and quality requirements of our customers. Many of our current in-house capabilities are detailed in the list below:
- Part size to 4’ by 8’ (1200 x 1400mm)
- Mechanical press to 60 psi / 4 bar or vacuum bag to 14 psi / 1 bar
- Vacuum to 10-5 torr
- Fabric lamination
Finishing / Painting:
- Mechanical blast cleaning
- Zinc phosphate coating
- Paint to commercial or military specifications
Packaging and Delivery
Our packaging and shipping specialists ensure your components are shipped safely and economically to their destinations on time.
Our interdisciplinary, iterative process ensures that our customers’ and stakeholders’ expectations are satisfied in a high quality, trustworthy, cost efficient and schedule compliant manner throughout a system’s entire life cycle from development to operation and disposal.
Utilizing our OpX program, we harness Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to drive continuous process improvements leading to lower cost, higher performance products and timely deliverables.
Research and Development
When it cannot be found in available data sources or when today’s challenges require unique solutions, innovative answers need to be identified through research and development.
Our internally-funded research and development efforts effectively contribute to superior technology solutions to meet our customer’s expectations.
- System architecture and interface definitions
- Requirements definition, allocation, and traceability using DOORS©
- Structured and documented design reviews and configuration management
- Validation and verification
- Technical performance metrics
- Product data management
- Experienced team of 30+ engineers, designers and draftspersons proficient at designing parts, assemblies and systems using computer-aided design tools such as AutoCAD and Inventor, incorporating design for manufacture and assembly principles
- Static and dynamic, linear / non-linear modeling and simulation using ANSYS® / AUTODYN including blast analyses and penetration mechanics
- Finite element analyses
- Electrical, electro-mechanical, fluid power
- Software engineering, design, coding and test
- 3D handheld scanning capability for accurate modeling of as-built objects
- Experienced with technology insertion of both custom designed and vendor products or systems into new, purpose-built or legacy platforms
- System safety engineering including hazard analyses and safety assessments
- Experienced in testing to various military and commercial standards including structural, environmental and EMI/EMC
- Secured, indoor ballistic range with separate magazine and loading rooms, remote controlled firing of gun with various caliber barrels capable of firing rounds up to 20mm
- Cryogenic freezer to -80C
- Strong relationships, including ready access, with 3rd party independent testing organizations
- Armour composite laboratory for layup of composite panels including vacuum table
- Highly experienced and trained licensed mechanics and technicians in a dedicated 10 bay shop co-located with engineering and design staff
Qualified and experienced integrated logistic support to both military and commercial standards.
- Reliability and Maintainability Predictions
- Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses
- Maintenance Task Analyses
- Life Cycle Costing
- Level of Repair Analyses
- Fault Tree Analyses
Highly experienced technical writers, illustrators and publishers creating bilingual technical publications in Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) to both military and commercial standards and specifications
Experienced and trained bilingual trainers for both military and commercial customers, exploiting multi-media solutions as well as traditional classroom settings.
Our Operational Excellence (OpX) methodology is fully integrated within our Quality Management System and ensures that its resources are effectively aligned to provide exceptional value and satisfaction to our customers.
Our strong customer focus is supported by superior senior leadership, commitment and involvement. CoorsTek Armor Solutions, ISO 9001 registered since 1995, has recently upgraded its registration to the requirements of
Our Scope of Registration has no exclusions and covers both of our facilities as well as all aspects of our business. DEW’s assessed scope covers, amongst other things, the design, manufacture and refurbishment of military vehicles and support equipment, vehicle armour systems and industrial material handling vehicles as well as the development and publishing of technical publications.